An ultrasonic flow meter is a type of flow meter that measures the velocity of a fluid with ultrasound to calculate volume flow. Using ultrasonic flow meter, the meter can measure the average velocity along the path of a beam of ultrasound.
By averaging the difference in measured transit time between pulses of ultrasound into and against direction of the flow.
It can also be done by measuring the frequency shift from the Doppler effect. Ultrasonic flow meters are affected by acoustics of the fluid and are impacted by temperature, density, viscosity and suspended particulates on the flow meter.
They vary in price but are inexpensive to use and maintain because they lack moving parts, unlike mechanical meters.
In-line sensors also have
- Guaranteed accuracy thanks to traceable factory calibration
- Robust industrial design in accordance with ASME and EN
- Short inlet runs
- For pipelines up to 8″
Ultrasonic Flow Meter Features:
- The unique isolated sensor design allows for replacement without breaking the process seal
- Increase plant availability and reduce potential leak points with a gasket-free meter body with no moving parts
- Eliminate downtime and maintenance costs associated with plugged impulse lines with a non-clog meter body design
- Achieve vibration immunity with a mass balanced sensor and Adaptive Digital Signal Processing with visual filtering
- A standard internal signal generator included in every meter simplifies electronics verification
- All meters arrive pre-configured and hydrostatically tested, hence making them ready and easy to install
- Simplify SIS compliance with available dual and quad Vortex
Industries ranging from oil & gas and municipal/wastewater to building automation and factory automation to solar and semicon.
Finally, Pls Request a quote on ultrasonic flow meters for your application, or Contact SRS to learn more.