Turbine Flow Meter benefits vary and are widely used in petrochemicals, organic liquid states, inorganic liquids, liquefied gases, natural gas, and fluid at low to middle temperatures. Now it is widely used which is next to the orifice plate flow meter.
Advantages of Turbine Flow Meters
- High accuracy. Also, for liquids, it is generally ±0.25%~±0.5%, for gas turbine flow meters, it is generally ±1.5%, and the special type is ±0.5%~1%. Also, turbine flowmeters are relatively high-accurate flow meters compared to other types of flow meters.
- In addition, they have Good repeatability. Short-term repeatability is up to 0.05% to 0.2%. It can be used for custody transfer if users frequently calibrate the flow meters.
- Wide measuring range. Furthermore, for large-size turbine sensors, the turndown ratio can be 40:1~10:1, and for small-size sensor tubes, it can be 6:1 or 5:1.
- Also, the Output pulse frequency signal. Suitable for total metering and computer connection, no zero drift, and strong anti-interference ability. In addition, a very high-frequency signal (3~4Hz) is obtained from the turbine sensor, and the signal resolution is strong.
- Suitable for high-pressure measurement. The meter body makes it easy to make a high-pressure type meter.
- Finally, There are many types of structures, which can adapt to the needs of various measurement purposes. Finally, this is such that can be made into thread or flange type, or even made into tri-clamp type for hygienic purposes.
Disadvantages of Turbine Flow Meters
- It is difficult to maintain the calibration characteristics for a long time, and it is necessary to periodically re-calibrate. Moreover, for non-lubricating liquids, when the liquid contains suspended solids or is corrosive. Also, it is easy to cause problems such as bearing wear and rotor stuck. In special working conditions, wear-resistant hard alloy shafts and bearings are required. In addition, when it is for custody transfer high accuracy is needed. It is best to have on-site calibration equipment that can be calibrated regularly to maintain its accuracy
- Not applicable to higher viscosity fluids flow measurement. Also, a turbine Flow Meter Benefits as the viscosity increases, the flow meter measurement lower limit increases, the measurement range decreases, and the linearity is poor.
- Fluid properties (density, viscosity) have a great influence on the flow meter performance. Gas turbine flow meters are easily affected by the gas density, while liquid turbine flow meters are sensitive to liquid changes in viscosity. In addition, density and viscosity are closely related to temperature and pressure. Finally, this occurs in the case of large fluctuations in temperature and pressure in the field. The compensation measures should be taken to maintain high accuracy.
- The flowmeter is greatly affected by the distortion of the flow velocity distribution and the swirling flow. Long straight pipe sections are required to be installed upstream and downstream of the turbine flow sensor.
- Moreover, the Turbine flow meter can only measure clean fluids, and filters are normally needed when installing the sensor.
- The small-size (2″ or less) meter flow characteristics are seriously affected by physical properties, and the flow meter performance is difficult to improve for small-size sensors.
- Turbine flowmeter installation is also Turbine Flow Meter Benefits
- In conclusion, normally turbine flow meter has flange, thread, and clamp-on connections, and the direction of the fluid should be the same as the arrow on the meter body. The liquid turbine flow sensor can be installed horizontally and vertically, and the fluid direction must be upward when installed vertically.
The liquid should be filled with tubing and must be free of air bubbles. Also, the inner wall of the straight pipe section should be smooth and clean. This makes it free of defects such as dents, scale, and peeling.
Do you need a Coriolis Flow Meter?