A one piece ball valve has a body and end connections formed from a single piece of material. This construction presents a comparatively reduced number of opportunities for leakage. The valve trim and seals are inserted through one of the end connections. This type of valve will not have a port size equal to the line size.
The simplicity of the one piece body design tends to make their cost lower than the other versions. Once the valve is in place, it cannot be serviced without removing the entire valve assembly from the piping system.
Reduced port 1 piece ball valve series (WOG) available in carbon steel or stainless steel with threaded (NPT), also, Wafer connection ends. Steam rating of 125 PSI WSP; 2000 PSI working pressure with a temperature range up to 400°F. NACE MR-0175 compliance.
One Piece Design, Full Port – Threaded (NPT) or Wafer Connection Ends
- Available in sizes from 1/2″ – 4”
- Steam rating: 125 psi WSP
- NACE MR-0175 full compliance
- Body: ASTM A351 Gr.CF8M
- Stem: SS316; Seat: PTFE
- End Connections: Threaded End, Wafer
- Working Pressure: 2000 psi; Temperature Range: -50° to 400o F
- TEST STANDARD:API 598; Vacuum Service to 29″ Hg
- Threaded Type: ANSI B 1.20.1 (NPT), DIN 259/DIN 2999, ISO 228, BSP, PT
Finally, the 1 Piece Valves that come in many connection configurations. Also, the Ball valves come in carbon steel, stainless steel, NPT connections and Socket Type connections.
In conclusion, it is an economical valve hence it is typically used for aqueous, chemical and oil based industries.
Thus the advantages are reduced leakage paths and initial purchasing costs.
Include inability or difficult with repairing the valve when an issue occurs. In many cases you have to remove the entire pipe line to service.
- Eliminate safety issues associated with 2-piece construction ball valves
- Available in barstock or investment cast construction
- 2000WOG rating
- Carbon Steel or CF8M Stainless bodies
- Plated carbon steel or 316SS trim
- ¼” to 2” size range
- 12-CS & SS are noteworthy as API 607 5th Edition Fire-safe
If you do not have any specific design or prepared data sheet, test or registration requirements/certifications, then choosing a 1 piece design the most compatible with your flow rate and temperature seems like the best option for you.